Printfriendly

Monday, February 23, 2009

Liberalism and The Illusion of Fairness

Here's a link to a good blog post recently written by Pat Boone, regarding attempts by liberals to use the Fairness Doctrine to their political advantage, in order to effectively muzzle political conservatives (particularly in relation to talk radio). The Fairness Doctrine sounds good in theory, but it's actually designed to cement the well-documented unfair advantage which liberals typically enjoy insofar as the media is concerned.

I've always liked Pat, ever since I read his autobiography (in which he told about how he'd accepted Christ as Savior), and ever since I subsequently met him at a Howard Johnson motel (in 1970) shortly after he'd starred as David Wilkerson in "The Cross and The Switchblade" (in which the part of Nicky Cruz was played by Erik Estrada). I might not agree with Pat 100% of the time, but in general, I find that his thinking is aligned with my own.

I also like what Pat has to say about abortion in the aforementioned article.

No comments: