Printfriendly

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

River North Community Church

Sunday night, I decided to visit River North Community Church (a/k/a River North Baptist Church), a brand new fellowship which meets at 30 W. Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60610 at 4:00 p.m. Pastor Bill Branks and his wife were there, as were two other people in addition to myself. It was more of a Bible study than a formal worship service, but I left with a positive impression of Pastor Branks. Later, I visited his website, at www.rivernorthbc.org. It's a nice website.

I see positive things in this new church's future.

UPDATE: I subsequently stopped going to this church for reasons pertaining to a narrow-minded attitude on the part of the pastor with regard to the types of music which were suitable for worship services, inasmuch as that attitudes directly affected my ability to use my own musical talents as a means of expressing my love for God. What a shame. Up until that point, I was very enthusiastic about what Branks was doing in the River North area.

No comments: