Printfriendly

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Why Change A Good Thing?

When I was a kid going to Delaware Elementary School in Springfield, Missouri, my mother would give me lunch money each day. I kept it in a little oval vinyl squeeze purse with a key chain attached. That was back in the sixties.

I still keep my change in such a purse. (My current one is blue.) For some reason, I've found that the best place to find such squeeze purses is in hardware stores, usually back in the back where they duplicate keys.

Sometimes when I pay for products, the sight of me opening my squeeze purse to get my change will prompt a cashier to say, "I haven't seen one of those in ages!" Well, they're still being made. In fact, Handiworks.com offers the product in 14 different colors (including some translucent and neon colors)! But they'll charge you almost $3.00 for the product. If you don't require a nice selection of colors, Organize.com also sells the product, and if you buy it in bulk from that company, you can get it for as little as $1.50 per coin purse. That's assuming that you're happy with the fact that they only offer it in blue.

Such squeeze purses are also offered by a number of companies specializing in "imprintable" promotional products, but they usually sell them only in bulk, customized with your own text and/or graphic image.

Occasionally, one of these purses will start to crack, due to constantly being opened and closed. Then it's time to get a new one. But overall, it's a great product, and well worth the money. Opening it to get out your change takes a lot less time than opening and closing a coin purse which uses a zipper, and it's a one-handed operation.

No comments: