Printfriendly

Saturday, August 30, 2008

God's Glorious Gospel Garden

Elsewhere on the Web, I've discussed my vision for the Christian Artists' Resource Center, which would be a residential art colony for artistic Christians representing all art forms.

One of the features I want to eventually include on the campus for the Christian Artists' Resource Center would be a botanical garden, similar to the Chicago Botanic Garden, but with additional features such as Christ-centered outdoor art (e.g., sculpture, mosaics, topiary, etc.).

I've wanted for some time to write a poem which would complement that vision. A while back, the muse visited me and inspired me to write that poem. Here it is:

--------------------------------------------

GOD'S GLORIOUS GOSPEL GARDEN
© Mark W. Pettigrew

There's a garden that I know of
where the flowers seem to sing,
and the glory of the Lord is seen
in every living thing.

In God's Glorious Gospel Garden,
there is magic in the air.
You can leave behind your worries.
You can find a refuge there.

There are springs of living water
flowing over holy ground,
and God's Glorious Gospel Garden
is where mercy can be found.

So receive the Father's pardon
for iniquity and sin.
In God's Glorious Gospel Garden,
your new life will then begin!

--------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed the preceding poem.

UPDATE: I just finished taking some of my own floral photos and combining them with the preceding poem in order to design a file suitable for making a large fine art print or poster. Here's a web-sized version of the design:



*************************************************************************

NOTE: To download additional Christ-centered poems I've written (stored online in the form of PDF files which can be downloaded from a public SkyDrive folder), visit this link, then select the poem in which you have an interest, and then click the Download button.

No comments: